Help searching Social Care Online
Social Care Online is free to use. Register or login to make the best use of the resource and access all of its features.
Search Social Care Online using the standard search or the advanced search.
- Type your search query into the search box. The drop down list offers suggestions for you to use or you can use your own search words.
- Search results are ranked by relevance and the search terms used are highlighted in the results
- Register or login to access links to freely available resources
- Register or login to refine your search results by the following criteria: full text, format type, content type, publication year, subject term, author, editor, location.
Hint: When searching for an author, type the author’s surname in first.
Note: " " (speech marks) indicate that a phrase search will be carried out, e.g . “dementia care”
Use now: standard search
- Login or register to use advanced search.
- Advanced search allows you to build up complex search queries, save searches, export search results and set up email alerts.
Use now: advanced search
Viewing search results
Each record has a symbol to indicate the type of resource it is and if it freely available or not.
Journal articles: Articles from journals (peer-reviewed and non peer reviewed), magazines and newsletters.
Books: Books and reports available in print or online via the internet. Includes commercially published material, government publications, research reports, pamphlets, and briefing papers.
Digital media: Multi-media and none print media eg. SCIE SCTV films, e-learning material and interactive online resources. CDs and DVDs are also included.
Extended abstract: This type of abstract gives more detail and is structured using the headings: summary, method, contents, conclusion(s) and references; and in the case of systematic reviews additional information includes: context, authors' conclusions and implications for policy and practice.
Journal: Journal records provide a short description of the coverage of a title and provide a link to the home page of the journal, magazine or newsletter when available.